- 2 cups uncooked Calrose brand rice or other medium-grain “sticky” rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup raw or roasted peanuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Honey or molasses (if needed)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Combine rice and water in a rice cooker, or cook according to your favorite method. Once the rice is cooked, put all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and pulse together into a thick, crumbly paste. Add a bit of honey or molasses if mixture is too dry.
Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and pulse until the chocolate melts and incorporates into the mixture. Transfer mixture to an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan and press to be about 1 inch thick. Top with more peanuts and chocolate chips if desired. Let cool before cutting and wrapping individual cakes.