- 8 ounces ahi tuna
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Togarashi, or Japanese seven-spice powder
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons soba sauce
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup ounce poblano pepper, diced
- ½ head baby bok choy, chopped
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion slices
- 4–5 jalapeño slices
- 2 tablespoons ginger purée
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Cook soba noodles according to package directions, drain, rinse well under cold water. Allow to drain and then toss with soba sauce. Set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the onions until slightly softened. Add vegetables, jalapeño, ginger and garlic, and stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
Season tuna with salt, pepper and Togarashi. Sear tuna on grill or skillet set on high heat. Do not overcook (tuna should be pink inside), about 30 seconds per side.
Place soba in center of plate and top with vegetables. Slice tuna and serve alongside.