- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Italian Blend spices
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound Italian herb tofu (or substitute meat of choice), cubed
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into ⅛-inch half circles
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cornmeal, stirring with a wooden spoon until the polenta forms a paste. Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Stir in Italian Blend spices after the polenta is cooked.
Heat sauté pan on medium-high. Add oil, and pan-fry tofu until slightly browned (about 6 minutes on 1 side, 4 on the other). Remove tofu. Add zucchini and mushrooms to skillet along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened (about 5 minutes) and remove from heat. Place polenta in a bowl, top with tofu, zucchini and mushrooms. Optional: drizzle finished bowl with a flavored olive oil.